Friday, June 1, 2012

Chance of rain


Classroom days make for very boring blog entries.

Anxious after island time, as wonderful as it was, I needed to run. I woke up to the pouring rain which luckily stopped just before I headed outdoors. Noosa was just as I remembered it: neat and tidy. The run itself was aside some grandiose houses, overpriced no doubt, and along the river. It really was quite pretty.

I got myself ready in near-record time and literally twiddled my thumbs while waiting until 8:14, the designated time when the students, Bob, Silvia and I would walk down to the Ivory Palms Resort where a conference room was waiting for us.

Mike Tarrant, the program director, resides here in Noosa. He spent the next three hours telling us about sense of place. My role was the paper distributor and light switch flicker (don't underestimate my importance here). He showed us tourism videos for OZ and NZ.. NZ was way better. Just FYI.

During my lunch break I did something really cool since I was in Australia and I'm always adventurous.

Lies.

I went to McDonald's to use free internet. Then I came back, attended another lecture where I was the notebook showcase and librarian. Then I was the chef along with Bob and Silvia for the faculty-made BBQ. I wore a lot of hats today.

Dinner was hectic, as are nearly all food-driven gatherings of 15 people or more (in this case it was 40). We had an array of food- roo burgers being the only notable thing. They're quite common here... similar to deer in NZ.

I'll save you avid readers the boredom with the nitty-gritty details of tonight. I graded. And wrote this blog.

Oh the thrills!

Tomorrow is the Eumundi Markets in the morning and then a cram-packed afternoon. Oh, and it's going to rain. Australia must really love us. I'm just hoping the weatherman is wrong. Very, very wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment